1. Collection of Personal Information
When you use our website, you usually do not need to provide your personal information. However, we may ask you to provide your personal information in any of the following cases:
Registration for Funaguchi Club membership;
Participation in planned events such as a contests;
Email/DM (direct mail) distribution service;
Inquiries (questions, requests, opinions, etc.);
Entry to win gifts; and
Filling in shopping questionnaires/Applications for employment.
2. Management and Protection of Personal Information
- When we manage your personal information, we make efforts to protect it by appointing a manager in charge and managing such personal information properly, as well as taking adequate and reasonable security measures to protect such personal information from leakage to the outside, unauthorized access by any external person or entity, loss, destruction or falsification of data, or any other risks.
- Access to database, etc. relating to personal information shall be limited to authorized persons. We strictly manage personal information to protect it even from internal unauthorized use.
3. Use of Personal Information and Your Right to Refusal
- When we collect personal information from you, we will specify the purposes of such collection in advance and use it only for such purposes. When the purposes are fulfilled and we consider that the personal information provided by you is no longer reasonably needed, we will dispose of it.
- If we need to use your personal information for any purpose other than those specified by us upon collection of it, we will inform you of such new purpose in advance. If you cannot consent to such new purpose, you can refuse our use of your personal information for such new purpose at your discretion.
- If you do not want to provide your personal information, you can elect not to provide your personal information at your discretion. However, please note that if personal information is essential for provision of our services, we may not be able to provide the services to you.
4. Processing of Personal Information by Our Contractors
- We may contract out processing of personal information to any external person or entity in order to provide services using the personal information such as distribution of direct mails and delivery of gifts. In such a case, we will select a contractor whom we deem appropriate to process your personal information (hereinafter referred to as “Contractor”) and will provide Contractor only with information which is necessary solely for the purposes to be achieved. Additionally, we and Contractor will enter into a service agreement where necessary matters such as management of personal information, confidentiality and prohibition of provision of personal information to any other third party are provided for and will cause Contractor to manage personal information properly.
- Contracted-out operations include, without limitation, management of web servers and data, and delivery of gifts.
5. Access Logs
Information on your access to our website is collected in order to automatically generate statistics on your browsing status. However, we do not collect any information that can be used to identify you individually.
6. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
We will not provide your personal information to any third party other than Contractor without your prior consent. However, we may provide your personal information without your consent if such provision is required by laws and regulations or by any public authority such as a court or the police.
7. Inquiry about Personal Information and Correction of Personal Information
When you want to view your personal information, we will disclose your personal information to you only if we can confirm your identity is the same as the one contained in the personal information in order to prevent leakage of your personal information to a third party. In such a case, we will charge you a fee specified by us separately.
- When there is any change to your personal information, we will correct or delete old information upon your request only if we can confirm your identity is the same as the one contained in the personal information in order to prevent falsification of personal information by a third party.
8. Personal Information Processed at Linked Websites
Our website contains links to websites of other companies and associations in order to provide you with useful information and services.
We shall not be liable for collection and processing of personal information at such linked websites. Please use such linked websites at your own discretion.
9. Technical Measures, etc.
- Security Measures (Use of SSL) When we collect your personal information via our website, we will use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer, encrypted communication) or any other means equivalent thereto to prevent any unauthorized access by a third party and will make efforts to ensure security.
Our website uses “Cookies” to provide better services.
Cookies are a general web technology used by many websites for improvement of services and provision of convenience.
Cookies dos not contain any information that can be used to identify you, such as name, address or email address.
By configuring your browser, you can refuse receipt of Cookies or be presented with a warning message upon receipt of Cookies. Please note that when you refuse such receipt, you may not be able to use some of our services.
Saved Cookies are used mainly for the following purposes:
(i) Enhancement of convenience of a website such as easy entry of a password;
(ii) Display of personalized information; and
(iii) Analysis of access status of our website.
- Analysis of Access Information Our website uses “Google Analytics”, a web analytics service provided by Google LLC. We use this service for statistics and analysis of your use of our website, not for identification of you.
10. Internal System
Our officers, employees and other personnel make efforts to protect your personal information while presenting a clear policy on handling of personal information.
We will review and improve our handling of your personal information from time to time following any amendment to laws and regulations that are applicable in Japan.
For inquiries about your personal information,
please contact our customer support center (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).